Happy Birthday My Love.Plum Upside Down Cake *Adapted From Martha Stewarts Plum Upside Down Recipe
- 12 tablespoons (1 stick, 1/2 stick salted butter, room temperature)
- 1 3/4 C. packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 6 red plums halved and pitted & cut into wedges
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place 1/2 stick of butter in a pan; add 3/4 C. of the brown sugar, honey, pinch of salt and bring to bubble 4 minutes. Pour molten hot mixture into an 8×8 inch pan. Arrange overlapping plum wedges, covering bottom of pan. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat 6 tablespoons butter, remaining sugar, vanilla & add egg.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt. Stir flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Add buttermilk until just combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread batter evenly over plums. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan; invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, with whipped cream if desired.